COOK: 25 mins
My love for Granola Bars started when I was very young and I used to be obsessed with Nature Valley’s Bars. I continued eating them everyday until I was old enough to learn that they are packed with sugar, which is why they taste so good! Needless to say, I had to break up a relationship we’ve had for years 🙁 but as they say, when one door closes another one opens – I came up with these “Free-from” version of my fav Granola Bars! They are incredibly tasty minus all the nasties. Enjoy making them x
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 10 tbsp water
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a medium sized baking tray with baking paper.
- Soak the chia seeds with water and set aside until it forms a gel. This will take around 5-10 mins.
- In a food processor, put the dates, almond milk, almond butter and maple syrup and blend until a paste forms.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, chia seeds, the date mixture and all other ingredients and mix well with a spoon or mix with hand.
- Pour your granola mixture into the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Allow to cool for about 15-20 mins before cutting into desired shapes and enjoy x
- If you find your date mixture difficult to blend, you can add some water so that it mixes well.