COOK: 30 mins
You know when you reach that point in your life (which we all have at some point) when you fall off the healthy eating wagon and a cheat meal drags on to a full cheat week or weeks! This is pretty much what happened to me! So to convince myself to get back on track, I made these Granola Bars. They are perfect for a quick breakfast or a mid day snack. The Banana gives it a soft texture with a nice crunch from the walnuts and a dash of cinnamon with each bite… yum!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T almond butter
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- First place the bananas, maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil in a food processor and mix well until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and start pouring the banana mixture over the dry granola and keep stirring as you go.
- Mix well until all the dry ingredients get wet.
- Line a suitable baking tray with baking paper and pour the granola mixture into it. Smooth out the top and place in a 180C preheated oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut it into desired shapes before it cools and gets hard to cut.
- You can eat it hot or allow it to cool.