COOK: 15 mins
I have and always will be a big fan of breakfast, it just brings a smile to my face 🙂 I also do intermittent fasting sometimes and that has its benefits, but lets face it, your day hasn’t started until you have had breakfast. Here I got a recipe for you that has some fruit, nuts and fibre, the combo of these three is just divine and out of this world! Give it a try… x
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 t cinnamon powder
- 1 medium apple
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil
- Handful pecan nuts
- To make the pancakes – add the oats, almond milk, cinnamon and banana in a food processor and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Grease a pan with coconut oil and keep on low flame and make the pancakes into round shapes. Making sure both the sides cook.
- To make the candied apple and pecans – slice the apple into round shapes. In a pan, cook the apple slices and pecan nuts with coconut oil and maple syrup for about 3-5 mins.
- Stack the cooked pancakes by adding a slice of apple in between each layer and top it with the cooked pecans.
- Drizzle with extra maple syrup if you prefer.
- Enjoy x
- Don’t add all the almond milk at once while preparing the batter. Add a little bit and keep checking the consistency of the batter. If needed add the rest, if not, don’t add more as your batter may become too runny and the pancakes won’t hold its shape while cooking.