COOK: 10 mins
When I was diagnosed with a long list of foods I was intolerant to, the one meal I really struggled with was breakfast! The first thing that came to mind “I cant be eating boring oats everyday!” But with time and lots of recipe testing I realized there is so much you can do with oats to make it fun, tasty and nutritious! Give this recipe a try xx
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2/3 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup or less water
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 apple and 1 banana for topping
- Put a pan over medium flame and boil the oats with water.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the almond milk, flax seeds and cinnamon powder.
- Bring your porridge to a boil, making sure it doesn’t dry up the liquid completely (this may take about 5-8 mins)
- Serve in a bowl with toppings of your choice, I used sliced apple and banana for this picture, but it goes equally well with any fruit of your choice.