COOK: 1 hour
I feel like I’ve turned into a mango from the amount of mangoes I’ve eaten over the last week to get this perfect recipe! At first I was very skeptical about vegan cheesecakes, I mean make the cheese element from soaked cashews? But the more I experimented, the more I kept falling in love with this perfect blend of mango and coconut vegan cheesecake.
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients For The Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients For The Mango Filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- Flesh of 2 large mangoes (2 cups)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Dash of vanilla extract
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the base and press the mixture down into a 6 or 7 inch cake tin.
- Place the base layer in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- In the same food processor, mix all the ingredients for the filling and allow to mix well. This may take around 5-7 minutes, as the cashews need time to form a creamy texture.
- Once the filling mixture is of a somewhat thick consistency, pour it over the base layer and freeze for about 5-7 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes and fresh mangoes on top and serve.