COOK: 25 mins
What do you do when you’ve bought too much blueberries on sale and they are about to go bad in a day? Make Muffins! Voila! I don’t like to waste food at all, so this recipe really came about as a total coincidence! I had to do something with the blueberries that I had bought, so I threw in some almond flour, flax eggs for egg replacement (works wonders btw) some maple syrup, coconut oil and blueberries and mix it all up, cook it for about 25 minutes and you can be really proud of yourself for cooking up a storm with such few ingredients!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 flax eggs (3 tbsp flax seeds with 6 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Mix the flax seeds with water and set it aside to thicken.
- In 2 separate bowls, mix the dry ingredients in one and the wet ones in the other, except the blueberries.
- Once the flax seeds mixture has thickened (this will take about 10 mins), add it to the mixture and mix well.
- Once the mixture has been mixed well, fold in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin tray with baking paper or muffin cups and pour the batter into 10-12 muffin cups.
- Cook for about 25-30 mins, keep checking after 20 mins to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving.
- Enjoy x
- Dont overheat the blueberries, this could make your batter colour purple. it will still taste good, but it won’t look as appealing if serving guests.