COOK: 30 mins
Happy New Year lovely peeps! I hope everyone is as excited about 2018 as I am? I am so excited to be sharing my first recipe for this year with you all! Check it out below, Cookie Dough Bites! Its a very simple yet delicious recipe. The ingredients I used are very minimal and it literally took me 30 minutes with prep and making the squares. I hope you enjoy making them x
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients For The Cookie Dough:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1.5 cup full gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
Ingredients For The Caramel Filling:
- 2 cups firmly packed dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Ingredients For The Chocolate Topping:
- 45 grams cacao butter (this is 1/3 cup when melted)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Start by mixing all the ingredients for the cookie dough in a food processor. You can also mix this in a bowl by using your hand or a spoon.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper and press this mixture down and even it out with the back of a clean spoon. Place this in the freezer while you make the caramel layer.
- Pour all the ingredients for the salted caramel into a food processor and mix well until it makes a paste. Make sure the dates are pitted.
- Pour the caramel layer over the cookie dough and spread the mix evenly across the base. This may be hard as date mixture is quite sticky. I used my hand for this and the back of a spoon. Place this in the freezer while you make the chocolate.
- Place a small pan on very low heat and pour all the ingredients for the chocolate layer into the pan and allow it to melt while mixing it with a fork or a hand whisker.
- Allow the chocolate to cool down a little and pour it over the caramel. Keep in the fridge for about 15 minutes for the chocolate to harden and slice whichever way you prefer.
- Enjoy x