COOK: 30 mins
The only thing that comes to mind when I mix Hazelnut and Chocolate is Nutella! Who doesn’t love Nutella right? Unfortunate for a few of us with food intolerances, we had to say bye bye to some of our childhood favs. Luckily, there is always a good-for-you treat for every naughty treat. These brownies are so easy to make, using only 4 ingredients you get the most delicious treats in under 30 mins!
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients For The Brownies:
- 3 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 2 cups dates
- 4-5 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients For The Frosting:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Start by mixing all the ingredients for the brownies in a food processor and mix well until it forms a sticky paste. It should be sticky enough for you to roll into a ball.
- Line a small cake tray with baking paper and press down this mixture. Press down well so it all sticks together and as you are pressing it down, level it out so it has an even surface. You can also use the back of a spoon to level it out.
- Place this in the freezer while you make the frosting.
- For the frosting – place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a fork or a whisk until you get a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Pour the frosting over the brownies and spread it out equally and place in the freezer for about 20 mins.
- You can sprinkle the brownies with some more crushed hazelnuts or serve it just as it is.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve.
- Enjoy x