COOK: 30 mins
I’ve been living in Dubai for over 28 years, so in light of the 46th UAE National Day, I decided to make a middle-eastern inspired recipe, all the while keeping it easy and healthy. This is one the easiest recipe I’ve made. Its almost the same as the Coconut Millionaire Bites, I’ve just changed the middle layer. The bottom layer is a gluten free base made from coconut flour, topped with a mixture of pistachio and dates and finished with chocolate sauce! Ahh chocolate makes everything just alright! 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients For The Base:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients For The Pistachio Layer:
- 1.5 cups pistachio
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup packed dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Ingredients For The Chocolate Topping:
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by mixing the ingredients for the base layer in a food processor. Mix well until it forms into a dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a small cake tin lined with baking paper, keep this in the freezer while you make the middle layer.
- In the same food processor, mix all ingredients for the pistachio layer until it forms into a sticky paste. Press this paste on down on the base layer and smoothen out with your hand or the back of a spoon. Place this in the freezer while you make the chocolate sauce.
- Place a small saucepan on very low flame and melt cacao butter and add the rest of the chocolate sauce ingredients and keep mixing. Keep aside to cool for about 20 minutes. Notice as it cools, the sauce will thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the pistachio layer and freeze for a further 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to slice into squares, keep at room temperature for about 5 minutes and then slice into desired shapes.