COOK: 3-4 hours
Cheese-free Cheesecake? Yes you heard it absolutely correct! This recipe just amazes me how cashews mixed with coconut milk can create the perfect replacement for cheese! And it tastes even better than regular cheesecake, promise!
Give it a try and you’ll never go back to eating regular cheesecake again x
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients For The Base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Ingredients For The Cheese & Strawberry Layer:
- 1 1/4 cup soaked cashews
- 1 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- Start by mixing all the ingredients for the base in a food processor until you get a sticky mixture which you can roll into a ball.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper (this is what I used) but a 6-7 inch cake tray works just as fine as well and press the base layer down and smoothen out with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze the base while you make the cheese layer.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cheese layer in the same food processor EXCEPT the strawberries. I prefer to use frozen strawberries as they don’t have as much water content and it holds the cake better, but you’re welcome to use fresh ones.
- Mix the cheese layer ingredients until you get a smooth and creamy texture. Separate it into equal halves.
- Pour one half onto the base layer and freeze for about 1-2 hours.
- Mix the strawberries with the other half and keep aside. You can pour this over the cheese layer after about 1-2 hours when the cheese layer has firmed up a bit.
- After pouring the strawberry layer, freeze for another 2-3 hours. You can top it with any berries of your choice.
- Once you’re ready to serve, keep it out for 15 mins or so and then slice it. Enjoy x