COOK: 3-4 hours
Snickers Bar is hands down one of my absolute fav chocolate bars! When I decided to cut out all the junk in my life, I really craved some good old chocolate bar. These bars are the perfect replacement for a childhood favourite – the bottom layer is made from coconut flour, topped with a rich date caramel nougat with big chunks of peanuts and dipped in a velvety chocolate sauce made with all natural ingredients! Yummmm!
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients For The Base:
- 1.5 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients For The Filling:
- 1 cup packed dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cups peanuts
Ingredients For The Chocolate Coating:
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup
- First start by mixing all the ingredients for the base layer in a food processor until a sticky dough-like mixture forms.
- Line a loaf tin or a small baking tray with parchment paper and press the base layer mixture to the base of the tray, pressing down with your hand and smoothen out with the back of a spoon. Keep in the freezer, while you make the filling.
- In the same food processor, mix all the ingredients for the filling, except the peanuts. Mix well, until you get a caramel like mixture. Add the peanuts in the end and pulse a few times so you get chunks of the peanuts.
- Freeze the above, while you make the chocolate sauce – mix all the ingredients in a pan on very low heat and keep mixing until all the cacao butter is melted and a nice thick velvety sauce forms.
- Keep aside for about 20 mins to cool down.
- Take the bars mixture from the freezer and cut into desired shapes and start dipping into the chocolate sauce.
- If you have any extra sauce left, you can double dip the bars or pour it on top.
- Enjoy x
- After cutting the bars into mini sized bars, I further froze them for about 2 hours so the filling is not mushy when dipping into chocolate.